In truth this thing beating in my chest is a simple pump. An organ of specialized muscle to push fluid through my arteries; a construction of chambers and valves to accept depleted blood and thrust it back through my body. My thoughts don’t control it; my heartbeat resonates through my chest regardless of my awareness, [...]
“Make it hurt.” She went still, eyes jerking to mine, the blood-red heat of our arousal evident in the rasp of our breath. “Please,” my voice broke with entreaty, “make it hurt.” A shudder rippled her body, visible and tangible where she held me down, hips over mine. My wrists already burned from the chafing [...]
She undid my composure by the light of the setting sun, an explosion of colors her backdrop, the rhythm of the ocean her music. By dip and sway my lover entranced me, feet mapping a spell of desire and passion, body gilded with summer’s expiring light. To listen, click here, or right click to download. [...]
To listen, click here, or right click to download. Twitterotica ~ Drum If you’d like to read along, the original piece can be found, here The piece can also be found on my Podbean site at Drum
I watch you sleep, still, just like I used to. I can’t help it. I know you hate that, hated that. I reckon you don’t realize I still do it. The warm afternoon sun lulled you, pulled your eyes closed, tugged you under. I watched you fight it and you fell asleep with your hand [...]
The light outside is strange, dim; yet the trees glow with an ethereal light. Thunder rumbles in the distance; threat and promise. Lightning flashes. Count the heartbeats. One. Two. Three…hear the growl, the roll of sound out over the water. Breathe in, smell the rain? Quiet…shhh…. The light outside is strange, dim; yet the trees [...]
About the writer
Aisling Weaver has been plucking at the threads of dreams for decades but only recently has dared capture the senses with words.
- A Tidy End ~ 55 July 12, 2012
- How do you write? May 5, 2012
- Win a copy. . . September 24, 2010
- I want the wolf!! – Guest writer Sommer drops by for a visit… October 17, 2011
- The Ass end of Forever(part 1) April 28, 2013
- And we’re off! April 27, 2013
- Summer of Ninety-Eight : NaPoWriMo day 2 April 2, 2013
- It’s a nine lives thing… March 20, 2013
- Miz Angell: Beautiful. No other word to describe it, although ...
- Aisling Weaver: Angell, I'm a convert to belief in TAW, but I ...
- Aisling Weaver: Thanks, Squeaks. :) I'm working on it. Some d...
- Angell: I've attempted TAW before. I found it difficult to...