I had thought that my undertaking of NaPoWriMo would take the shape of micro-poetry this year, but it’s only day two and I’m being proven wrong. The first ten words or so of this occurred to me about two or three weeks ago while driving and I ended up pulling over so I could jot [...]
Coincidences are always interesting. I’m about five weeks into my path along The Artist’s Way, in terms of the course I’m just completing week three. Instead of abandoning my progress I’ve allowed myself to take more than a week when necessary. This means I’ve only just been reading about synchronicity and I’m heading into week [...]
Linger here. Breathe that heavy air ripe, humid with rites of spring. Consume this confession, sweet, juice- plump meat, pierce and tear the delicate skin. Inside? Lush, seeded sins. Consecrate- no, anoint- no baptize this sinner – on these knees, open jawed vessel, waiting. Drip on blooded flesh holy water, slippery slick Proffer the offering [...]
The following was written for the DVerse Poets writing challenge… image taken by Aisling Weaver Precipitation * Curtain falling endless rain blotting out the world protecting this retreat. Her lips on my skin tingle, summer sun’s kisses transported to my dark, secluded bower. * Rumble, growl lover and sky pouring on my skin pounding against windows [...]
The following is what emerged when I woke at 5am this morning. My mind wanders when I’ve less than five hours sleep. What I shall henceforth call writing sleep depraved. My mind is ripe with memories of skin and sunshine. The bend of her elbow and knee and neck all call to my mouth, shadowy [...]
About the writer
Aisling Weaver has been plucking at the threads of dreams for decades but only recently has dared capture the senses with words.
- A Tidy End ~ 55 July 12, 2012
- How do you write? May 5, 2012
- Win a copy. . . September 24, 2010
- I want the wolf!! – Guest writer Sommer drops by for a visit… October 17, 2011
- The Ass end of Forever(part 1) April 28, 2013
- And we’re off! April 27, 2013
- Summer of Ninety-Eight : NaPoWriMo day 2 April 2, 2013
- It’s a nine lives thing… March 20, 2013
- Miz Angell: Beautiful. No other word to describe it, although ...
- Aisling Weaver: Angell, I'm a convert to belief in TAW, but I ...
- Aisling Weaver: Thanks, Squeaks. :) I'm working on it. Some d...
- Angell: I've attempted TAW before. I found it difficult to...