This week’s word prompt at Lea Petersen‘s Five Minute Fiction Challenge was the word preview… “What are you doing?” Her lips tickled my ear even as her fingers traced the hollow of my spine. I shivered, tamping down the urge to turn from my work. “A test run,” I murmured, continuing to stir, watching the [...]
The following is my submission to Leah Petersen‘s Five Minute Fiction Challenge. The word prompt was concentration. I knew if I tried hard enough I could get past this moment. You know, that one where your brain is blank of everything but the person across the table from you, the one meeting your gaze with [...]
The following is my entry into Leah Petersen‘s Five Minute Fiction Challenge. It’s my second piece, and I’m quite proud that it made it into the finals! The wordprompt was ‘inability’. “I don’t understand.” She stared out the window, eyes so liquid they mirrored the lake without. “Oh come oh, Tina, you know how things [...]
The following is my entry into Leah Petersen‘s Five Minute Fiction Challenge. It’s my second piece, and I’m quite proud that it made it into the finals! The wordprompt was ‘musical’. I lived in a strung state around you, tuned to a point of the finest tension. I know you liked to keep me that [...]
At a nudge from @_Monocle_ I tried my hand at some Five Minute Fiction on Leah Petersesn’s blog, Write Me!. I also tweeted the piece under the hashtag #Length I wander the room, waiting. I wonder, again, what length she’ll go to in her avoidance of our kiss. Because it’ll happen; it’s inevitable. Somewhere in [...]
About the writer
Aisling Weaver has been plucking at the threads of dreams for decades but only recently has dared capture the senses with words.
- A Tidy End ~ 55 July 12, 2012
- How do you write? May 5, 2012
- Win a copy. . . September 24, 2010
- I want the wolf!! – Guest writer Sommer drops by for a visit… October 17, 2011
- The Ass end of Forever(part 1) April 28, 2013
- And we’re off! April 27, 2013
- Summer of Ninety-Eight : NaPoWriMo day 2 April 2, 2013
- It’s a nine lives thing… March 20, 2013
- Miz Angell: Beautiful. No other word to describe it, although ...
- Aisling Weaver: Angell, I'm a convert to belief in TAW, but I ...
- Aisling Weaver: Thanks, Squeaks. :) I'm working on it. Some d...
- Angell: I've attempted TAW before. I found it difficult to...